Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

MY LORD BLESS ME SPARE ME. CONTRIBUTED BY LION SHABBIRHUSEIN K JAMNAGERWALLA

My Lord, Bless Me, Spare Me!
Miseries at every moment.
Life a living hell,
No respite in this hell,
Food and Shelter a fantasy,
I aimlessly roam without objectives,
No Clothes over my sunken self,
Eyeing the Educated clientele.
My poor limbs have no ambitions,
My Lord, Bless Me, Spare Me!

My Childhood a playful taunt,
Dirty and uncouth clothes
Cover my ailing body,
Empty and swollen stomach
Boast of endless emptiness,
Torn and decayed books
Proof of my illiteracy,
Brittle and hard pavements
Belittle my sleeping fortunes,
Angry and whizzing Insects
Follow me wherever I go,
My Lord, Bless Me, Spare Me!

Sitting forlornly aside,
I watch at this black suited man.
Wearing shiny black leather Shoes,
A cigar in his hands,
Puffing out rich tobacco,
A Lady bedecked in glittering gold,
Jovial and happy with life,
Holding the hands of a handsome lad,
And behind trots the fiery hound,
Growling gleefully with zeal,
Ask I with so much torment and pain,
What am I compared to this,
My Lord, Bless Me, Spare Me!

Someone look at me,
Spare that penny for me,
Look at me with no apathy,
Food and Shelter I long for,
Good Clothes and Education I seek,
I crave for your love,
Knowing well it will change my Life,
I need your commitment,
Assuring me that I have a future
In this World that I by-pass.
My Lord, Bless Me, Spare Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment